Welcome

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Bookmark the page and come back often. I am trying to put new and interesting Papercrafts up so you will find something cool and fun everytime you visit - I also tend to babble about the doings here at our house because I just can't help it!

I love it when you leave comments! Please tell me what you think!

Monday, March 31, 2008

Blast from the Past


This is supposed to make me more organized!


In my bug to get organized and unclutter my life, I cleaned the kids side of the basement, which led to the fact I needed a cabinet with doors to put away games and toys with many pieces. That led to the idea of emptying one of my Large Rubbermaid cabinets in the basement that stored papercraft supplies that never made it upstairs to my Studio when I relocated from the basement over a year ago. In my new mind set of releasing my clutter and unused stuff I unloaded the cabinet and sorted through the treasures. Among the finds, I was able to gift supplies to Dylan's first grade teacher and found my unfinished Disney Scrapbook from our 2003 trip to the Happiest Place on Earth. Looking at the Scrapbook I had completed 4 pages 5 years ago and the rest was just waiting to be finished.

So I brought the supplies up from the basement and actually located the pictures I had printed off in my "waiting to be scrapped" case. Yes, I am just as behind as everyone else!

I must say the thing that struck me the most was over the past five years I have become a much better photographer. I still have a lot to learn but five years ago I was taking those pictures that our parents took when we were kids. Way off in the distance you see the family you recognize next to some landmark. Many of pictures were blurry and poorly framed. I still have the pictures on my snapfish albums (they are pre-digital, back in the day when you actually sent in the film), unfortunately, I tried to reprint some of them to 5x7 and learned that without the negative they really don't look very nice. Sooo, I am working with the 4x6 prints from 5 years ago with my funny eye for photography, rather than try to come up with the negatives from the boxes of negatives in the storage room. Here is my work so far.....

This is one of the pages I finished in 2003, I did add some journaling to it.



This is the second page from 2003, I added some journaling but not much else.



This layout uses the Simply Scrappin Kit from Stampin' Up Summer Days, plus a Goofy Sticker, no, not a goofy sticker, a sticker of Goofy, silly! I actually used my circle cutter on this layout too! I am such a straight edge girl that is HUGE!

This is another layout from the Simply Scrappin' Kit Summer Days, plus the Chip and Dale stickers.

I did this layout last night, note the small family and large lion in the picture.





This layout is from 2003, I added journaling and will add a title as soon as I have access to a Cricut this week.




I did this layout last night after I made a run to Joanne's. (Funny story: I told my husband, "I am going to run to Joanne's I 'll be back in an hour" and he says "Who" and I say "Joanne's" and he says "Who" and this goes on until I finally catch on and say " You know Joanne's the craft store like Michael's" and he says "I never heard of it" and I think we have been married going on 12 years, where have you been!) Anyway I ran to Joanne's to pick up some Disney themed paper and accents.





This layout I did last night, it too needs a title and will have one when I get my hands on the cricut this week.


This was a 2003 Layout that I added Journaling to, just to finish it off.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Nice pages, Stace! It must feel good getting caught up, something I'm working on too. I'll have to get some of my Disney pages up on the blog. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!! My, how our styles change in 5 years!! I'm afraid to look at some of my old scrapbooks! But, it is about the memories, not the style. As I always say, when we are old and wrinkled, will our grandkids say to us "Grandma, why did you use that patterned paper or that die cut??" LOL!

Can't wait to Scrap!!!

Shelley