Welcome

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Bookmark the page and come back often. I am trying to put new and interesting Papercrafts up so you will find something cool and fun everytime you visit - I also tend to babble about the doings here at our house because I just can't help it!

I love it when you leave comments! Please tell me what you think!

Monday, May 26, 2008

Pat a Cake, Pat a Cake, I am so not the Baker I want to be!

This is a Pink Almond Party Cake that I saw in a magazine and tried to recreate for my Mom and Madeleine's birthday celebration on Sunday. The mound of pink on top was supposed to be these very cool pink and white chocolate curls. As you can see I got shavings, but was very determined, so I just kept going to try to make the curls like in the picture not noticing until it was too late that I have a very large pile of shavings on top of the cake! Madeleine did declare the cake was delicious so that was all I needed in the way of a review! The inside of the cake was really, really pink. It was supposed to be a soft pink, but it wasn't until after I added the food coloring that I read the box, and I had picked up a box of special food coloring that doesn't dilute easily to give you color to the max. It was Hot Pink!





They sort of but not really look like the picture in the book, but can you really have too much chocolate!

No comments: