Welcome

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Bookmark the page and come back often. I am trying to put new and interesting Papercrafts up so you will find something cool and fun everytime you visit - I also tend to babble about the doings here at our house because I just can't help it!

I love it when you leave comments! Please tell me what you think!

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Walk the Walk

Okay, I am trying to walk the walk if I am going to talk the talk.

I have been coaching a friend on better eating habits for her and her family and now I am taking some of my own advice and NOW my friend is coaching me. She has been doing great eating meals at home, healthy, thoughtful meals that are have a balance nutritional value and are yummy. I tasted one of these meals last night and it was super Yum-O! Talipia, broccoli and rice. The fish was seasoned to perfection with what, I have no idea, but it was super good. The meal even started with an appetizer of homegrown tomatoes in Caprice salad with fresh mozzarella and homegrown basil. Really Yum-O!

Last week I started by trying to pack better lunches for the kids, and today I am really on board. I dug out that cookbook that was popular last year about hiding veggies in the foods, so the kids get the value but without the hassle. I picked a few recipes and then two other recipes from Rachel Ray and some ideas from Family Fun about better lunches for kids. I made my list and headed off the grocery store, three kids in tow. Eating healthy is NOT cheap!

I came home and made my purees for my Deceptively Delicious recipes, carrots, sweet potatoes and butternut squash. I did not realize I had picked all orange ones but at least I am on it right, they all have nutritional value and there is no way Madeleine would any on her own! I Roasted and pureed the sweet potatoes, steamed and pureed the carrots and roasted and pureed the butternut squash. They will become part of Sloppy Joes, PB&J muffins, tomato sauce and oatmeal to start with.


Here's the proof, two cups of pureed carrots and sweet potatoes in 1/2 cup servings.


This is my new drink, I am giving up soda (not completely mind you, but only one a day vs. a six pack) It is 2/3 seltzer which has no calories and sugar and 1/3 low sugar cranberry juice. Not the same kick as my Pepsi but and better choice! Have to walk the walk and sometimes the shoes hurt and this is going to hurt at about 3PM on Monday when I am going to want my Pepsi!

No comments: